Monday, March 9, 2009

And we're off! Or not...

As an early birthday present Chad's parents got Cade some new undies. His mom tried to call them panties, which clearly shows how long it has been since she has bought manly undergarments or tried to tell a boy about underwear in general, but anyways. Because they are so cute and because I am getting seriously tired of changing the diapers of two kids I thought we would experiment a little this morning.

I sat with naked Cade in the bathroom for about 30 minutes this morning. He sat on his little potty, we talked about the potty, it even seemed like he likes his potty. Or at least he liked the ridiculous clapping, grinning and shouting his praises I did every time he sat down. I swear, I was amped up enough to make the insane asylum jealous.

Then, out of nowhere he sprinted his naked little butt out of the bathroom and off into my closet, which is his favorite place to do business. I quickly wrangled him up and brought him back to the potty, resuming the monkey dance that he liked so well earlier. It did not do the trick. He was not amused. He was shreiking and crying and wrestling his way off the potty. THE VERY SECOND he made his way off his little throne, he peed on the floor. Five inches from his potty.

Needless to say, the diaper is back on.

1 comment:

The Brandt Clan said...

Poor mommy... My advice, don't push it. He'll let you know when he's ready, although I understand how much it stinks to change two kids' diapers. Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!