Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Aint it Grand?

So it has been a while and I have been really busy with this life of ours. I think my biggest fantasy for my life is cruise control. Seriously. I think that if only we could live in the same house for 30 years, have the same job for 30 years, and have "Taco Tuesday" we would be set.
We have been looking for a new place to live, since with any luck our house will close at the end of the month, and I have been reflecting on the last five years...they have been a little bit of a whirlwind. The next few years too don't look particularly promising on the 'feeling settled' front either, but hopefully they will at least go quickly.
Chad is in his third week of class, and I have a countdown going on the wall of how many weeks until he is done. He officially quit his job a few weeks ago to become a full time student and then he got a job as a part time ambulance driver. So, he has been really busy too, (although I would like to think that I am busier :)) The boys and I are adjusting to his crazy schedule, but I will be SOOO glad once he is able to be around a little more again. It is the simple things that really make me miss his help.
So I go into a property management place this week to turn in a rental application and Cade is running around the office, I am embarrassed that he won't listen to me and trying to chase him while weilding Luke in his carseat carrier--which by the way weighs at least 45 lbs, the kid is huge--and the lady asks if I have any pets, besides these two. Ha ha. At any rate, I renewed my vow to not go to public places alone, and then un-did it again when I realized I needed to go to the grocery store. I feel like I have become the lady that everyone feels sorry for, or at least the one that everyone rolls their eyes at and wonders "why does she have kids if she can't control them". Honestly though, it is a little hectic taking the boys anywhere.
We had to go to the doctors office last week for an emergency visit because I was just certain that Cade had a hernia in his little man parts. I was changing his diaper, and I have done this around a thousand times by now, and things looked a little irregular, so the doctor told me to come on in to make sure that everything was ok. I tried like crazy to call Chad, he is usually the more medically-minded one and I figured he had a little more expertise on the particular subject, but he was stuck at class so he couldn't help out. I drug the two kids accross town in the middle of nap time, sat in the office for an hour while Luke cried and Cade rolled on the floor (disgusting, but it kept him quiet) all to get one AWESOME anatomy lesson. The doctor finally comes in, asks me what I was looking at, and once I show him what I have seen he nods understandingly. It turns out that Cade has something called a testicle down there, nothing else. I felt like such a dweeb, but I like to think that I gave the doctor and his nurses something to chuckle about.
At any rate, this whole going it alone business is not for the faint of heart, it sure helps to have a man around!

2 comments:

CAC said...

hahahaaa that is hilarious. i love this story!! so, drew is going to be in oregon trying to do job stuff (we can discuss over email more). he'll be in oregon from the 18th to teh 9th. he is supposed to be campaigning, etc..

The Findlers said...

Hits too close to home to be funny:) All too familiar my friend.