Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ahhh Brothers

I am so grateful to have two healthy and happy babies. And it is definately an added blessing that they seem to like each other. Luke lights up whenever Cade gets up in his face--well, he flinches first and then smiles--and everytime Luke cries or coos or talks or anything, Cade stops whatever he is doing to say "uh oh, baby" pointing to wherever Luke may be. Just like Lassie he always lets me know when the little boy may be in trouble.
Today is the first time that Cade has said Luke's name, he held Luke's face in his hands, and said "Dookey, Dookey". Before, it was "ooke" so I think we are getting closer to a complete vocabulary. Here are some photos of them being brothers and loving each other.



















What's that you ask? You want to know how I have managed to get so many great pictures of them together? Both (kind of) looking at the camera, and smiling, and in focus and most importantly, both still in the shot. I know, but these are no miracle shots. These are all due my new Christmas present, the Canon Powershot something something. This famous camera has not only made these brother shots possible, but it has also allowed me to capture great moments like these:

I have been somewhat hoping that Cade will fall off the couch just to put a stop to his crazy acrobatics, but he is too coordinated. He just walks back and forth accross the back of the couch. My cousin almost had a heart attack when she saw him. And then there are his crazy antics. He is one animated kid.
Anyways, I have been getting some things done around the house, such as organizing, cleaning and general moving in stuff that I am only just getting to. Its keeping me busy during the kid's afternoon nap. Yes, they have been napping at the same time for the last few days, and I have been taking showers so consistently its just amazing. Granted, I don't take a shower until the afternoon, and because I spend the morning in my PJs the boys do too (notice the pjs in every single picture), but we are a clean and good looking bunch come 3:00. Just in time to get dirty at dinner. Sometimes it all seems so futile, but hey, if someone stops by, I don't want to be that mommy.

3 comments:

The Brandt Clan said...

Alright Brit, you seriously crack me up! Love you so much girl!!! I wish we lived near each other so we could hang out... Promise me you'll move back here someday... I need you in my life! Thanks for the laughs and great pics!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Cute photos! You do seem like a miracle worker to have so many great photos of both of them together! Thanks for your comment on my blog about the supernanny...I really like your suggestions and they seem to jive with what we have been doing, which feels good. It is so great to have people who can tell me I am not crazy to have trouble with this! :)
Carrie

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! Hooray for a new camera!