Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Afters:

Here are some of the pictures/evidence of the productive weekend that my mom and I spent together. While the list didn't exactly get tackled, we did some signifigant damage. And all this is in addition to the fact that my mom woke up with Luke all night for 3 nights, did all of my laundry, helped steam clean the carpets (it is a whole new house over here!), took Cade to the museum, took all of us to lunch and basically pretended that this was her house and that we were all her children. Not exactly what I look forward to doing on my vacations, but she said she enjoyed it. I am not totally convinced, but I am grateful!
Luke's new artwork.

And Cade's
More new artwork
Here is a close up of those lil beauties. I know. Amazing, right?
AND THERE ARE EVEN CURTAINS!!!!
The boy's room looks better than ever, if only they would learn to appreciate it from the comfort of their beds, life would be just about perfect 'round here.
I also did a fair amout of scrapbooking. I swear, my life and perspective on scrapbooking were revolutionized by this crazy little machine called the cricut. I want one. And I don't even want to scrapbook. Or to be a 'scrapper' as the kids say these days. I just think that this little machine has so much potential. Oh, the possibilities. I want to cut out letters until my whole house is covered with personalized things.
I will post pictures of my scrapbook pages later. Because I am that proud of myself. I did tell Chad that I cut all of the letters out by hand, so that he would think that I am even cooler, and also because I was embarrassed that it took me all day to do two pages ON A MACHINE but he only replied that he doubted I would ever finish these books. Backfire.








3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't imagine my scrapbooking life before the Cricut. We'll have to do another scrapbooking day soon.

Findler Family Blog said...

Oh I am impressed by the motivation. I think I have almost officially given into the 3 kids and am now not really focused on improving the house, but just keeping it AS IS ...and that is work enough for me for now.

The Brandt Clan said...

Okay, I couldn't love these more! They look SO awesome!!! Seriously Brit, you could sell those! Was it very hard to make? Could I do them pretty easy for my kiddos (the letter ones)? Wow, seriously cool! Love you lots!