Monday, November 10, 2008

and it begins, the overprotective BIG brother

Luke has been a little bit stuffy lately, just breathing pretty loudly through his nose and in general sounding like a warthog. It is especially bad in the morning, after sleeping ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT (yes, you read that right, my boys are amazing) he really has some trouble breathing. So the other morning I got out one of my favorite baby tools, the nasal aspirator--or plunger as we refer to it. I go to stick it up his nose and get a good pull going, which of course starts Luke on the crying. I imagine this doesn't really feel too good, I used to have to sit on top of Cade with his hands pinned under my knees so that I could really wrestle the snot out of him. I must have traumatized him thoroughly, because when he realized what I was doing to his little brother he started slapping my hand. Then grabbing my arm to get me away from Luke's nose. It was so cute I gave up on the snot, and we both cuddled up with Luke to get him to calm down.
Still no pictures, maybe by Christmas I can get Halloween pictures up...

2 comments:

The Brandt Clan said...

that's awesome! rachel does the same thing too... so protective... but you're right- it's super cute (and annoying) at times! Can't wait to see the kiddos again sometime. Andrew will probably be talking by the time we get together again! :)

Christina said...

Ouch, don't torture your boys with that bulb aspirator, try a
Nosefrida! So much better and they don't hate it as much.