Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall, Already?

I can't believe it is officially here, and I can't believe that I haven't blogged about all of the wonderful goings-on that have happened for us during the summer. Chalk it up to two babies. (how long can I call them babies again...?)
Anyways, after a seemingly FOREVER long internet depravation we are once again up and running. Sorry for all of the lack of information and updates, but I really rely on internet to do everything! We live so far out in the boonies now that I really wasn't sure that we would ever get internet again, and I was beginning to feel like Laura Ingells Wilder. Seriously. Although I did get a TON done. More on that later. Anyways, I found a great internet provider and although I am not sure that I will be able to keep up with internet tv anymore due to the slow connection, I am so happy just to have email. And google.
Back to the point. We are moved and settled (sort of) in our new place. We are now living in a great house that sits on about 250 acres. I know, more land that I have ever imagined. There is a grass hay pasture below the house, and about 230 acres of dry land behind us and the house sits up on a hill and has the most incredible view. I sit in the living room and watch the sunset every night behind the entire Cascade mountain range. It is breathtaking. I will take a picture, but so far my little point and click does it no justice at all.
The story on the house: we found it on craigslist. My obsession finally turned into something more productive than furniture that I try to get everyone else to buy! The landlords, who live next door on an additional 80 acres, wanted someone to live here and help set up the ranch, work with the cows and help with general maintenance in exchange for a portion of the rent. I emailed on the house and didn't hear anything back for weeks, then finally got a call. It is just a perfect fit for us--or more correctly for Chad. He is providing all of the labor and making it possible for us to live in such a great place.
We have a vegetable garden that we inherited, a pear tree, and big plans for the next summer. We are loving it here, and the boys are totally thriving. It is amazing what having a yard and few acres does for them. They have both been sleeping really well and growing so fast (although I am not sure that is related to the yard part...)
Anyways, I will get pictures up soon. Maybe.

1 comment:

CAC said...

i miss you, and your blog!