Saturday, August 1, 2009

This and that, and then nothing

So we have been doing things, just nothing really exciting. It's too hot for exciting. Yesterday we really tried to break the habit of staying inside next to the a/c, and we went to the pool. We had to wait around until it opened, because apparently they close for 30 minutes if they hear thunder. Finally, they opened the pool, we jumped in, and no more than 3 minutes later there was thunder. So we had to get out. That pretty much sums up our summer. I am planning on staying inside for as much of the rest of it as possible. The a/c unit is so much less dissapointing.

Here are some snapshots though into our lives when we decide to break away from the a/c. It isn't often, so nothing here is too exciting, but its all I got.

-Cade got some new crocs, bright orange. He modeled them in Nordstroms. As in walked back in forth in front of the mirror, once on his tippy toes (you know, to see how his calfs looked). He loves them so much he refused to let me take them off of him for bed the first night that he got them. I figured it wasn't a battle worth waging, so he fell asleep with them on. I went in to take them off about an hour later, and he woke up and told me "no mama" and rolled over and went back to bed.

-Cade tried to put Luke in the dryer yesterday.

-I have been having to give Cade a lot of time outs.

-He rolled on the floor of Home Depot yesterday while screaming.

-I have been having to give Cade a lot of spankings.

-I have been baking in the 100 degree weather. Insanity. Sweaty hot insanity. Jodie's baby shower is next weekend, and I have been spending my time alternating between the sewing machine and the oven. Throw in a couple of rotations of feeding and disciplining two toddlers, and oo de lally, that's good times.

-We have also been watching Robin Hood (see oo de lally above).

Thhhhhats all folks! (Interestingly, we have NOT been watching looney tunes, but I was on a roll).

1 comment:

The Brandt Clan said...

I love reading your blog Brit- you always crack me up and put a smile on my face! I wish you lived here so we could share these moments together best friend! Well, we'll definitely see each other next weekend, and I am oh so excited! Let me know if there is anything I can do for Jodie or anything. We're baking over here too- my goal for next year: Central AC!!! Love you girl!