Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Win!!


Well, first of all, let me just say that I have the best little family ever. We had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day: it did not dissapoint. The best Mother's Day I have ever had. Out of the three. I feel like I won some sort of sweepstakes and got the best day of pampering imaginable. I don't know if Chad realizes how high he is setting the bar...do me a favor and don't point it out to him.
The celebration truly started on Saturday, my parents came into town and they gave us a great gift--they stayed with the boys at our place on Saturday night and let us stay out at the condo!! This is a huge deal--we have never been away from the boys overnight, I have only been away from Cade for one night and that was over a year ago, and I left him with Chad. SOOOO this was huge for me, but we were only 10 minutes up the road...
Chad "picked me up" for our date on Saturday evening and we went straight to the jewelry store, where he bought me this little beauty:
The bottom ring was a present for last Mother's Day--Cade's ring, and the top is Luke's. One day, we will give them to them...but for now I am enjoying my right hand. Except that it looks real pasty in this picture. And he also got me pearl earings, and despite the fact that the lady told me to not wear them and spray perfume or hair products or whathaveyou, I haven't taken them off. I probably won't for a while.

Anyways, we then went out to dinner, where I had the best big ol steak. We wrapped up with dessert and champagne and then--even though we had no kids--turned in at about 9:00. Pathetic. It gets worse though...we were back at the house by 7:00 am. It is sleeping in for us...but still.

So then, on the actual Mother's Day, we went for a nice walk at the park, had a great lunch with my parents, and I got to spend time with this:



What Cuties!!

This is just cause it is also cute, my boys making breakfast

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice! Love your new "bling", Chad did a fantastic job!

The Findlers said...

I like Chad's bed head in the last picture...Ted has a very similar cowlick