Saturday, June 21, 2008

Alyssa's Big Day


We celebrated Alyssa's first birthday on June 14--exactly 3 months after Cade. She had a great beach party, and so we all dressed up in our finest beach attire to celebrate--me in my bikini and Chad in his speedo. Alyssa got a shiny new red wagon, which she and Cade rode in all over the neighborhood, and then Cade pushed back and forth up and down the street about a million times. And I am not exaggerating. Chad was a great sport and walked back and forth with him, getting the wagon turned around at each end.

My last day of work will be on Monday, so I am looking forward to spending the summer outside with Cade and relaxing a little more while we wait for baby. We took our first trip to the pool yesterday and went swimming with most of the cousins, which is still quite a pool-full. I know that it is a little sad that Cade had never been in a pool before, but after Isaac showed him how it was done he took to it like a fish and had an absolute ball. He loved everything, splashing in the shallow end, laying on his back, and kicking around on his stomach. I am worried after a couple more trips he'll think he doesn't need me. Sometime, when I can get another adult there with me I will get pictures, but for now he is a little too squirly to manage him and a camera!

1 comment:

CAC said...

hey! how is that baby and when will he be here? what is the latest?