Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Traditions!

In case you didn't read that right, that should be Traaadishons, like Tevye would say. This was the third year that we have hosted the Thanksgiving feast at our place, and while the new digs were not quite as spacious as the old place I think we pulled it off. The food quality sure didn't suffer any! I am now trying to come up with ways to use our leftovers--so far I have got most of it figured out-Gnocchi out of the mashed potatoes, Turkey pot pie with the leftover turkey dark meat that I don't like for sandwiches-except the stuffing. What are you supposed to do with that, besides just eat it?

After the feast was over we went out into the woods to find the perfect Christmas tree. Last year we did this with Shawn and Jodie, and I carried Cade all snuggled up in a bear suit in the front pack. Well, this year Luke (monster man that he is) wore the same suit and I carried him in the front pack. I couldn't believe that just a year ago the big man Cade was little enough to fit in the pack! This year, he ran around the forest like a wild animal--he even grunted like one! We enjoyed hot cocoa and french dip sandwiches out there, and the guys even started a fire. If there only would have been snow for sledding! Maybe next year...
The Grogans and the Stonebergs


My parents

1 comment:

The Brandt Clan said...

totally cute pics! I'm so glad i can stay informed on the grogans via blog! thanks for sharing!!!